Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3rd: Inspiration Continued


jcaroline creative! has a great collection of ribbons, along with a great selection of other items including zippers, D-rings, and buttons you can cover yourself. Make or enhance any number of items with ribbons. Hand bags in modern prints or solid colors trimmed in a funky ribbon can be a real statement. When I was a child, I learned to make ribbon roses by folding ribbon together and then pulling on the tail. Then a few stitches to hold the flower and then it was ready to set in place.
The collection of Andalucia Ribbons by Patty Young could easily trim a sundress for a bear or rabbit. Many times, I have used ribbons to make straps or belts for bears, they are usually the right size, with finished edges, and it is much easier to complete a look. Anyone that has ever made doll clothing or done small-scale sewing knows what a time saver it can be to use a trim with a finished edge. It can be frustrating making a small belt from scratch and turning under tiny hems. I have a presser foot for my sewing machine that will help me making narrow rolled hems but it take practice to get it right. In the time it takes me to make a narrow rolled hem, I can find a ribbon that will do the same job with quarter of the effort.

Hoppy Hare & Bear Hugs,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment