Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4th: More Inspiration


I was back at work today. I am still waiting for inspiration to hit for my special 20th anniversary piece. I hope it hits soon or the year will be gone. Sometimes it does strike. It did here last spring with Bernie Bunny. I had recently pulled out my Big Head bunny pattern, but this one was the smallest version. For most of the last 5 years, it sat in the pattern drawer. I had this wonderful mohair that mom had hand dyed to a lovely shade of spring blue. I knew that I would make this rabbit with wire in his ears, something that I normally don't do in my big head pattern. I could see him holding a little sign that read, "Think Spring!" In the end, mom and I attached the sign to the stem of a felt flower and put him in a hand decorated spring box.


I think he is great, but then again I am biased.

Hoppy Hare & Bear Hugs,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment